Monday, November 24, 2008

Lesson of the little things

The past couple weeks have been an interesting challenge. After spending the last couple years becoming completely independent and realizing just how capable I am of taking care of myself alone, I was hit hard with a new lesson. One in which small, easy, and little things had become nearly impossible tasks to accomplish.

That's when realization that I do actually need help from others sometimes, despite how much I don't want to accept that fact (far too often) had set in. Some people surprised me and ran away when I asked for help, others came out of nowhere and surprised me with their kindness and willingness to help me so much.

My faith in humanity has been restored, and I believe again that most people will go out of their way a little to do some good for others given the chance. This experience has been a blessing, even if it was mostly painful, and I now see much clearer who my real friends are. Thank you everyone who helped me during this time, even just a little bit, it meant so much more than words can express accurately.

2 comments:

Blake said...

Ah, a fresh new blog! I like it!

Jon said...

Thank you!